Whenever we talk about ‘hard reset’ the first thing that strikes our mind is will there be any harm to the data and application? or will we lose all our pictures and information? today in this article we will be clearing all your major doubts before carrying out a ‘hard reset’. A hard reset is also known as master reset, Factory Data Reset, or hardware reset is a built-in feature for electronic devices. It erases all your settings, data and personal information stored in your phone the only solution for this is taking a complete backup of your device before performing a hard reset. Everything saved on the SD card, such as photos, songs, contacts, etc; will remain there after the reset. in this article lets understand how to reset or hard reset a Xiaomi Redmi Note 7 Pro
What is a hard reset?
An Android factory reset is a full reset of the android device, which will erase everything you have installed so far That is to say, it erases all data including settings, third-party applications, and data added by the user. Hard reset is a process of reverting a device to the state it was in when it left the factory. Hard resets can be helpful for wiping all data before selling your smartphone, or tablet. Also, they are useful when you have an operating system error such as your device is working slow, Freezing or not responsive, attacked by a virus, Stuck in boot screen, Random reboots or restart problem after the firmware update, Frequent failures while operating, errors from system and apps, and finally if you are not able to remember device password or pattern lock.
Why do we need a hard reset?
The common motive behind hard resetting a device is to fix a knackered device or to wipe out user data before selling or otherwise scrapping of a device or returning it to the manufacturer. In that case, performing a hard reset is an excellent idea. but it can have some serious drawbacks as well. So as to say, before you perform a hard reset on your Xiaomi Redmi Note 7 Pro phone, you should learn its advantages and disadvantages.
It will dispose of all the unnecessary data present in your Android device, hence making it faster than before.
If in case you modified your phone then by hard reset method you can restore everything to its original state.
If you are enduring any disputes on your phone, then it can aid in troubleshooting all the disputes and fix your device.
By hard resetting your device all your third-party apps will be deleted which will free up space on your device.
If you have altered some settings by mistake, then it can restore it to the factory settings.
It helps to unlock your device by deleting a user setting.
You can end up losing your important files and contacts as a hard reset will get rid of all the saved data from your phone
Not just your photos and contacts even your WhatsApp backup will be lost
You will lose all your wifi password and Any other saved settings.
How to reset or hard reset Xiaomi Redmi Note 7 Pro
There are two methods to Hard Reset your Xiaomi Redmi Note 7 Pro
First method using hotkeys you can go for this method when you forget your phone password or pin code.
The second method is to reset using the settings in the device.
- As always, we strongly suggest that you take a complete backup of all your personal data.
- Charge your phone to at least 50-60% battery level to avoid any sudden shutdowns during the process.
- Start the process by holding the Power key for a few seconds in order to turn off the device.
- Once the phone turns off, press and hold the Volume Up + Power buttons together for a couple of seconds.
- Release all the keys as soon as redmi logo appears on the screen
- Next, using the volume buttons select Wipe Data and confirm it using the power button
- On the next page Click on Wipe all Data.
- Finally, tap on Confirm. Use Volume buttons to scroll down and the Power key to confirm that.
- The process started wait till completed.
- Then Go to Main Menu.
- Tap on Reboot by using the Power button.
- Soon after that tap on Reboot to System by using the Power key.
- Your phone will reboot and then it will take some time to restart.
- As soon as you turn on your Xiaomi Redmi Note 7 Pro go to the settings menu.
- In the list tap on the About phone or Advanced settings option.
- Then scroll down to search for option Backup and Reset. You will probably find it in the bottom section of the list. Click on this option.
- The moment you open this page you will find the option Erase all data click on this option at the bottom of the screen.
- Click on the Reset phone option on the next page.
- Next click on Erase Everything.
- Followed by you need to enter your security code or pattern and tap next.
- On the next page, you will notice a countdown. Wait for the countdown to finish and then click on Next.
- Again after that, you will receive a confirmation message tap Ok.
- Immediately the screen of your Xiaomi Redmi Note 7 Pro will turn black and the reset will begin.
- Wait for few minutes till the process completes.
- Finally, after that, Your Xiaomi Redmi Note 7 Pro will restart and you need to set up the phone again.
These are the 2 methods to hard reset your Xiaomi Redmi Note 7 Pro you can follow any method. In case you have doubts then you can comment below we will help you in clearing all your doubts.
|Looking for how to enter boot into safe mode?|
|Wipe cache partition on your device.|
|Reset the camera on your device in 2021.|
|In 2021 latest way to reset your network issue.|
Xiaomi Redmi Note 7 Pro Specification
Xiaomi Redmi Note 7 Pro comes with a 6.3 inches IPS LCD display with a screen resolution of 1080 x 2340 pixels. It is powered by 2×2.0 GHz Kryo 460 Gold & 6×1.7 GHz Kryo 460 Silver Octa-core Qualcomm SDM675 Snapdragon 675 (11 nm). The device packs 64/128GB of internal storage and 4/6GB of RAM. There is expandable memory support. The camera on this device sports a Dual camera 48 MP + 5 MP and a front 13 MP for selfies. The Xiaomi Redmi Note 7 Pro backed by a Li-Ion 4000 mAh battery. Xiaomi Redmi Note 7 Pro also has a fingerprint sensor on the back.