These days many people want to root their android device to gain full control over their phone or tablet. Sometimes you follow a particular guide to root your phone but you are not sure whether the rooting process is successful or not. It’s quite easy to check whether the phone is rooted or not. In this post, we’ll guide you on how to check if your phone is rooted or not with detailed steps.
Method to check if your phone is rooted or not:
There are various methods to check if your phone is rooted or not but in this post, you will be learning the 2 most important methods.
Method 1: Install the Root Checker App:
The app provides Android users with a simple method to check if their phone is rooted or not. you can download this app for free from the google play store.
- Go to Play Store on your android device.
- Next Tap on the search bar in the play store.
- Search “root checker” app.
- Tap on the result.
- Then click install soon the app will start downloading.
- As soon as it is downloaded. Go to Settings.
- Select Apps.
- Find and open the Root Checker app.
- Then Tap on the “Get Started” button.
- Once the app has determined the model of your device Tap on “Verify Root”.
- It will take a few minutes to check the status of the phone. once it is done you will get a message clearly stating whether you have or don’t have root access.
Method 2: Install Terminal Emulator:
The Terminal Emulator app can be downloaded free of cost from the play store this app also helps in checking whether your device is rooted or not.
- First Go to Play Store on your device.
- Type and search for the “Terminal Emulator” app.
- Tap Install and then download.
- As soon as it is downloaded. Go to Settings and find the Terminal Emulator app.
- Tap on the icon and open the app.
- Next In the terminal window which appears type “su” and press enter.
- The “su” is the super-user command line. you will notice the $ turn into an # in the command line in case your phone is rooted. If you receive an error message “command not found”, it says that your phone is not rooted.
Note: Both the Root Checker app and Terminal Emulator app will not be able to root your device as both these apps are to check whether your phone is rooted or not.
How to Root your device using Pc. ( all methods )
How to Root your device without using a Pc. ( all methods )