Time Fly’s and technology go together with it. Yes, back then we were relying on cell phone stores to back up our devices, though we don’t trust them enough. Now we are in a generation where we can do our backups, updates, firmware installation in our own Hands. That’s where technology plays its part. Smartphones have become a vital part of our lives and without them, we feel like only half a person, we use our smartphones to Surf the internet and social media platforms, check emails, manage calendars, and most importantly we store our important data’s, contacts and precious memories in it. Smartphone backup is very important to secure your data’s, so here we bring the guidelines to back up data on android device
Why backing up is important?
It is pretty obvious that data’s overriding our journey so there shouldn’t be a second thought on your mind on why backing up of your data is so important. As we know smartphones have become real hubs for all sorts of personal information, contacts, text, work files, photos, music, videos and so much more. People depend on them for everything from financial transactions and work-related activities, to personal connections and moreover. In short, people are so active in social media platform because it’s easy to surf through smartphones.
However, if you are not careful with it then, you might lose all of your personal data. Besides all, backing up the data is more important in cases where your Android device is an accidental loss or stolen. Therefore you have many other reasons to take backup like Software failure, Malware attack and switch to a new cell phone, etc. So, you must regularly take a backup of your phone.
How to Backup Android devices
Here we suggest four easy methods that you can follow to backup your Android phones.
First Method: Using Cloud Service in Android
A cloud backup solution might be a great solution You can choose optionally any cloud services however, we suggest Google drive because it’s very easy and convenient in Android devices. Follow the steps below to make an easy backup of cloud services:
- Go to Settings.
- Click on Accounts.
- Now Click on Google under Accounts and choose your Google email address where you want to back up.
- Select the files that your wish to backup.
- Click on More and press Sync now.
- That’s all.
Second Method: Third-Party Apps in Android
To complete the backup, you can make use of third-party apps, there are several third-party apps available in the Google play store where you can install and make use of it to backup your device easily and more quickly.
To know about Third-party apps which will take the complete backup of your android device, Check this article on Top-10 Third-Party Complete backup Apps without rooting your device.
Third: on Rooted device
- Make sure you have USB Debugging enabled on your phone under the Developer Option.
– Go to Settings>About Phone>tap 7 times on the Build Number till you see a Popup message “You are now a developer”.
– You need to enable under the Developer Options USB Debugging. To do that again head to the Settings>Developer Options>enable USB Debugging
- Now you need connect your phone to the PC using the USB Cable.
- Accept the prompt for USB debugging on your phone.
- Ok now download and extract the contents of ADB and Fastboot tools on your Computer.
- Open a command prompt and type the following:
adb backup –all
- The above command will backup your app’s data and system data.
- You can also enter the command below to backup your SD Card data.
adb backup –shared
- After the commands have been executed, you will be asked to include the encryption password. Then press Backup My Data to get the entire backup
Fourth: Using computer
- Just connect your Android device to the PC.
- Now check your phone’s notification bar and select Transfer files.
- Let’s start copying the files you want to save on your computer to the right location.
Another option you can choose using PC for complete backup is :
Having a copy of all the data of your android phones saved on the computer is very necessary. There are many ways to do this but by doing this you feel really safe cause all your important documents, contacts and pictures are secure on your computer. In the case in the future, you lose your phone or any other mishap occurs you don’t have to worry you can easily backup from your PC to your android phone. Today we will learn how you can backup data from PC.
Using ApowerManager Software for Backup :
Steps to Install ApowerManager-Backup
- You need to Download ApowerManager
- Install and Launch ApowerManager on Pc and connect your Android to it via USB or Wi-Fi network.
- The moment you connect you need to click on “Tools”.
- Now click on “Backup & Restore” as per the below screenshot.
- Now you have to click on “Full Backup”.
- Here is a section to choose the backup location and then click on “Backup” then you’ll be able to backup Android data to Computer.
|Note: You can easily select the file which you wish to copy by exporting the file to Pc directly instead of using the backup and restore function. Tap on the manage option at the top of the menu then you can see all your media file categories on the left. Now you have to select any file that you wish to copy and click on the Export option. This is the easiest way to backup android data to your Pc.|
I hope this post is useful to you guys.
Check our latest post related to Tips and Tricks on Android Phones.