In this post, we will guide you on how to flash Stock Firmware on Samsung phone using Odin tool. Well, there is quite a lot you can do with your Samsung device to play around, and if you are one of them who enjoy rooting or modding your device then Flashing Official firmware will be useful. Odin is a software developed and used by Samsung internally, and it’s quite handy to use for your own custom modification needs.
Odin tool is developed and used by Samsung developers to flash or install stock firmware to any of their devices and it was not officially introduced for general purpose however it got leaked. Using Odin tool you can flash stock firmware on your Samsung device. Granted that the firmware is in .tar or .tar.md5 format. You can also make Use of the Frija tool to download the firmware in case if you wish to roll back to the Stock Samsung Firmware.
Before we dive into flash Stock Firmware on Samsung Phone Using Odin, let’s check what is firmware.
What is Firmware?
Firmware is an application and operating system which controls your smartphone operation. It is actually tied to particular hardware components of your device and Firmware basically allows you to fix bugs and also adds some additional functions to your smartphone.
What is Stock Firmware/ROM?
Stock Firmware is a ROM installed in your device by the manufacturer before it ships into your hands. The ROM(Read-only Memory) is also called as firmware, as they stay firmly in place without modification access to the users of the device. These are customized by manufacturers carriers to let users stick to their devices with unique looks and features. A notification will appear in your device whenever there is a bug fix or new features added by the developers. Stock ROMs also come with lots of premium features that are not available in custom ROMs.
Advantages of Stock Firmware/ROM
- Stock ROMs usually come with lots of pre-installed apps for Android devices.
- Stock ROM provides in build applications such as music players, live wallpapers, app store, calendar, weather, and so on.
- Just like the pre-installed apps, Stock ROMs also come with lots of premium features that are not available in custom ROMs. Such features including home screen, font, launcher, or app drawer.
- Devices developed by different manufacturers such as Samsung, Huawei, HTC, etc shipped different premium features and apps.
Keep the warranty.
- Stock ROMs would not void your warranty of Android devices.
- Users don’t go for the custom ROMs because rooting will immediately void the warranty.
- Bug fixes and functions are pushed out automatically by the developers or manufacturers at regular intervals.
- however, in most cases, all the Bugs are patched during the extensive beta testing before releasing.
The above points might have given you a rough idea about the importance of the stock firmware/ROM. So now let’s check out how to install stock firmware on your Samsung devices using Odin.
- Very Important before you start the procedure, you must take a complete backup of your Samsung phone.
- Make sure to charge your device to at least 60%.
- Download and install the required Samsung USB drivers.
- Download the latest version of the Odin tool.
- On your phone enable USB Debugging:
– Here you can again do >> Go to the Settings>>Developer Options>> allow USB Debugging.
- Its time to enter download mode on the Samsung device.
– For Samsung Galaxy Devices – pressing Volume Down + Home + Power
– For Samsung phones (capacitive buttons) – Volume Down + Bixby + Powerfor newer models.
How To Install and Flash Stock Firmware on Samsung Phone Using Odin
- Firstly, download the relevant Galaxy stock firmware for your phone.
- Then you need to extract the contents of the firmware zip file.
- The extracted files will be in “.tar” or “.tar.md5” format.
- Now download and extract the Odin tool on your PC.
- Here click on the Odin.exe file from the extracted folder.
- Right away connect the Samsung device to PC while your phone is in download mode.
- The moment you connect your phone you will notice that the CO port will light up on Odin.
- Select the firmware by tapping on the AP button.
- Repeat the same for BL, CP, and CSC.
- Always remember that using a regular CSC file will erase all of your data, So, as to save the data select the ‘HOME_CSC‘.
- Make sure to go to the options tab and select Auto Reboot and F.Reset Time as below screenshot.
- You can install the firmware on your Samsung device by tapping on the Start button.
- Finally, you will see a PASS message once the installation is completed.