USB Debugging is a trendy and useful feature for any Android handset to communicate with a PC / Laptop to sync or flash any file, etc, It’s one of the amazing features about Android phones.
The debugging mode of USB turns out to be useful when you develop an Android kit or install any file or perform any ADB & Fastboot command using the computer on your android device.
Android is a prominent mobile operating system based on the Linux kernel, which is highly used. It is open-source and free software that is available for all smartphones or tablet devices compatible with Android touchscreens. This mobile operating system has been expanded by Google. Now, most Android manufacturers adapt and create their own skin design for their own device models. It has an unseen Developer Options menu that provides a variety of customizations & features for advanced users, and USB Debugging is on them.
What is USB Debugging?
USB Debugging is definitely the way to communicate with Android over a USB connection with the Android SDK (Software Developer Kit). It enables an Android device to receive commands, files, and similar information from a PC. Also, it enables the PC to draw crucial information such as log files from the Android device. Many of these are hidden in the Developer Options menu. As the name implies, this feature is vital for developers to build Android apps. But it is not so important to the average user.
Android App Developers or advanced users basically have the Android SDK installed on their computers. Therefore the SDK gives developers or users access or tools to use Android Studio, to create apps, which definitely is quite significant. However, if Android Studio specifically is not needed. you can only install Android SDK to enable root access on generally your device or to particularly carry out other tasks, which is quite significant. Let’s check out some of the advantages of Turning On Android USB Debugging Mode on your Android device.
Advantages of Turning On Android USB Debugging Mode
- It enables Android developers to promptly test their apps on the device as debugging allows Android developers to copy and run their apps on connected Android devices.
- It is useful not only to developers but also to power users, by sending root commends to the connected device.
- Turning to USB debugging mode also allows you to check logs for various errors or Debug on the Android device.
- If you can’t boot your device in normal conditions, ADB (Android Debug Bridge) commands can help boot your Android phone and back up it.
- Aside from copying files between your device and your system, debugging or developer mode often allows you to copy any APK to your device.
How to Enable USB Debugging Mode on any Android device?
Note: Enabling developer mode differs slightly on different Android versions. For this article, I am using the Android 9.0 Version.
To Enable USB Debugging on any android you need to follow the below steps.
- From the home screen, you need to navigate to Settings.
- Tap on About Phone to enable developer mode (Turn on Developer Mode).
- Now you need to tap Software Information just like in the following screenshot.
- Here you can see Build Number, Quickly tap 7 times on the Build number.
- The Developer Options menu will be activated.
- Now, go back to the Settings.
- Then again click on System.
- Now you will able to see Developer Options.
- Get into the Developer option you can see many options.
- You have to click on the USB Debugging toggle.
- Next, it will ask Allow USB Debugging Just tap on OK to confirm.
Is Android USB Debugging Safe?
You can use debugging mode on your Android device if required. As a result, it can be affected if the USB debugging mode is enabled and you connect your device to any public, unknown charging port or computer. So, if anyone has access to that computer or port, the device data can be affected.
Additionally, if you leave the device when debugging, your phone is unprotected. We, therefore, advise you to turn it off when not using this feature. Make sure that access from your device to previously used computers is removed within a few weeks or months to keep your device system and personal data practically secure in a major way.
That’s all, we hope this post will support you well, please comment on any quarries/feedback below.