The Android Software Development Kit offers a variety of tools, commonly referred to as the Android SDK for Android or devkit. As a result in many of the tools, you will find that the devkit is unique, designed to serve a specific purpose in a variety of Android development. In this post, We provide Linux, tools that are available for Windows, MacOS’s. Most importantly follow this guide and links to familiarize yourself with its functions, use, and some common commands, you can use it to perform and know more about Android SDK Platform Tool.
Android SDK Platform Tool
The Android SDK and Android Studio is a tool developed by Google Android application developers to provide a purpose. However, in developing applications, developers may need to connect to your computer to test their new applications through their devices. They may also need to perform other activities. These features are made possible by the ADB and Fastboot tools.
ADB and Fastboot tools, also known as the Android SDK platform tools, are part of the Android SDK. The issue is that the entire Android SDK weights around 1 GB in size, if you only want the ADB and Fastboot platform tools kit, so it makes little sense to download big files. Google eventually created a platform tool binaries individually for Windows, Mac, and Linux. Now, you can only download and directly use the Android SDK platform tools Zip File.
Download SDK Platform Tools for Windows, Mac, & Linux
We have suppurated below download links Check your Operating system before you download and install the Android SDK Platform Tools.
We have updated article on how to install ADB and fastboot tool on Mac and Linux.
How to Install Android SDK Platform Tools
It’s pretty easy to install the android SDK Platform Tool, Once you have downloaded from the above link as ZIP Package. Then you need to Extract it to a Convenient location on your PC.
Kindly note while following the procedure there shouldn’t be any space between the names of the folder. For example, C:\TrickyDroid\platform-tools. Furthermore, The moment you have extracted the folder you will be able to notice the name as platform-tools. The above screenshot shows how it looks like.
There are to requirements execute to any ADB and fastboot command.
- Mobile Requirements.
- PC requirements.
Check out the Uses of Android SDK platform tool.
First Step – Mobile Requirements – Enable USB Debugging:
Keep your device get through the Android debug mode or ADB recognized computer, you must enable USB debugging. Here is a clear procedure to do it.
- Firstly from the home screen, you need to navigate to Settings.
- Tap on About Phone to enable developer mode (Turn on Developer Mode).
- Now you need to tap Software Information just like in the following screenshot.
- Here you can see Build Number, Quickly tap 7 times on the Build number.
- The Developer Options menu will be activated.
- Now, go back to the Settings.
- Then again click on System.
- Now you will able to see Developer Options.
- Firstly, Get into the Developer option there you can see many options.
- After that, you have to click on the USB Debugging toggle.
- Next, it will ask Allow USB Debugging Just tap on OK to confirm.
- Now connect your device to PC via USB cable and move over to the next section.
Second Step – PC Requirement:
Open the extracted folder and open the command prompt from inside that folder. There are two ways to do it:
- Inside the folder, type ‘cmd’ in the address bar and hit enter.
- Inside the folder, hold down Shift Key and Right Click anywhere in the empty portion in the folder and select ‘Open command window here‘ or ‘Open PowerShell window here‘.
- Finally, type the required commands and click on the Enter key to execute them.
That’s all guys.